4th of july featured

About This Weekend...

5:02 PMUnknown

As you may have guessed, I live in the USA, and on Saturday, we celebrated the 4th of July! So I'm telling you now for future reference... If I have an opportunity to theme my look or get festive, I will. I generally try to do something pretty and fashionable if the occasion permits. Rest assured, you will see more of my themed and festive outfits and beauty looks!

Here is my outfit of the day and my makeup of the day from Saturday! I'm really digging this makeup look, which I did with only drugstore makeup products! Please let me know if you want to see a makeup tutorial on YouTube? Also, the clothing and jewelry are all on the inexpensive side.

*ALSO: I cut my hair (by myself) around 6-inches the day before! I'm not sure how it looks! It needed to be done so bad*



I did this VERY light contour and highlight using only drugstore products. I'm very pale at the moment, and I did not feel like wearing a heavier contour, as I was leaving during the day. I try to reserve that look for nighttime. I thought this was nice for day to night.

And here are both sides of my face. Keep in mind that these pictures are just displaying the areas I contoured and highlighted, as opposed to all of the products I used. If you would like to see a tutorial, please let me know!

Perfect Drugstore Red Lips!

Red lipstick is no easy task, as it can get on your teeth and smudge onto your face. It's much harder to get dark and bold lipstick colors on evenly with straight lines. It's also difficult to find a shade of red that won't make your teeth look yellow. Another key factor is getting red lipstick to last. Personally, I don't like when lipstick stains my lips after it's come off. It doesn't look very nice-especially when it's red. When I buy and do my lipstick I use a lot of tricks to get it just right! Tutorial?
For my eye makeup, I used blushed nudes and browns and then I added some gold gel powder eyeshadow. I also tight-lined my upper and lower eyelids with black eyeliner. For mascara, I chose a lengthening formula for a bright eyed look, and for my eyebrows, I used my normal routine!

My #OOTD:


Believe it or not, everything I have on is pretty inexpensive. The cardigan is from H&M, the tank is from Walgreens, the jeans are a friends (or a pair I got in Europe? I can't remember where they came from!), and the navy shoes are from CVS. All of my jewelry on my wrists are from stores like H&M, Forever 21, and Charming Charlies. The necklace is from a boutique near where I live, and the earnings are my mother's.

Last but not least, my sunglasses! I paired these sunglasses with my look because the frame is a very patriotic shade of red! I think my whole look worked really well for the Forth of July. Pretty much everything was red, white, blue and gold!
I also realized I did a mostly blue look this year, and the last time I went out for 4th of July (the summer before last) with friends, I wore a mostly red look!


What do you think? Let me know if you'd like a tutorial in the comments section below! I can't believe I cut 6-inches off of my hair! I really need to learn what I'm doing! :o 
*Update: I will have a new video live on my channel in the next couple of days! :D

Thank you! <3
post signature

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Your makeup looks gorgeous! I love seeing the areas you've highlighted and contoured!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate it! I used more makeup to achieve the final makeup look! :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! You're worth it! :D

Contact Form