drugstore makeup dupe

Dupe Alert: Urban Decay Naked Palette in the Drugstore!

8:56 PMUnknown

Hello everyone!















♡ First of all please let me know if you would like a makeup look/tutorial with this palette, so you can see what it look like on the eyes! ♡

The NEW L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1 & 2 are here! I wanted to give you all a FIRST LOOK at the first palette in the collection! I've swatched every eyeshadow to see if it is worth the hype and the $19.99 for the drugstore palette! Read below for my review and opinions! 

Review/Opinions:
This is a review of the L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1. 
I swatched each color from the 10 pan drugstore palette and then I did a once over to build on each eyeshadow color! Check out the video posted above to get a close up look (quick video/no talking)!  

-PROS: This palette contains blendable and buildable eyeshadows. I think this is a pretty good palette for someone who is beginning makeup or trying to build their makeup collection or kit. When the eyeshadow is built and blended, it is similar to some higher-end makeup brands. If you like matte, the mattes are just that, including a really good brown shade which is perfect for the crease or as a transition shade. There's also some beautiful shimmer eyeshadows; they aren't glittery or metallic. The palette does a good job of at giving a gradient/ombre effect with these 10 nude colors from pearls, to golds, to browns. Also, the back of the palette has 4 ways to wear the eyeshadow with instructions.

-My Cons: 1. The price seems a little expensive...(HOWEVER, when you think about it, it is like getting each 'fairly large' eyeshadow pan in the palette for $2, which may be moderately priced for some). So if you can't afford to spend that much money, this might not be for you!
2. I was disappointed by the first eyeshadow in the palette-it wasn't pigmented at all and it didn't show up on my skin, regardless of how may times I tried to build upon it.  
3. Several of the eyeshadows were very powdery and had a lot of fall out. Another issue was the pigment. For some people, this could be considered a pro or a con.
-It's a con for anyone who hates fall out while they're doing their eyeshadow or hates palettes that get really messy with powdery fallout. Another issue is the pigment. These are not heavily pigmented eyeshadows. The only way I could get the full color payoff with the shimmery shadows was if I applied them with my finger. I was hoping that this palette would be high quality and easy to work with, but I had to put the work in.
-It's a pro is you like eyeshadow that isn't too pigmented, because you don't want a heavy makeup look or you're very light skinned or you aren't too experienced with eyeshadow. Most of the eyeshadows in this palette will become pigmented if you build upon them which is a plus if you're inexperienced with eyeshadow or are afraid about looking too dark or intense. The shadow will blend easily and you can continue to build upon it to get a better color payoff. 

VERDICT: I'm very happy that drugstore makeup seems to be expanding and improving. It's nice to be able to get quality products for less. I was thrilled to see the amount of palettes in the drugstore lately, but I held out for this one. I have to say, if you're experienced with makeup or have palettes that look like dupes for this palette, I would probably pass; However, if you do get it, it's not a total waste. You will find good base and transition colors here. Nice browns are hard to come by at the drugstore and you get them with this palette.
-On the contrary, if you are inexperienced with makeup or you're in the process of builing your makeup collection or kit, then this palette might be your next obsession. This is an amazing palette to learn how to do a subtle smoky eye or transition you into wearing heavier eye makeup. All of the colors are complementary, as they're nude/natural colors. I'm not sure how these eyeshadows apply on darker skin...I would LOVE if someone could fill me in on their experience! Please comment below or tweet me! 

**I have yet to try the wet version of these eyeshadows and a white eyeshadow base to see what the full pigmentation can look like! Let me know if you would like to see that and/or a makeup look and tutorial! :)

***Can you tell what high-end palette this might be a dupe for!? ;) I think certain shadows in this palette are very similar to Smog, Half Baked and a few others!


Thank you for reading this post! Let me know what you think about this palette if you bought either the palette 1 or 2! If not are you thinking of buying it? 
What would you like to see next!?

You're worth it,
She-IY World
She Does it Herself!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! You're worth it! :D

Contact Form