adam levine celebrity

NEW Maroon 5 Single: Hit or Miss?

12:30 PMUnknown

Hello Summer-Ready People! 


Here it is people... Maroon 5 dropped their new single today, called (drumroll*)..."This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like a Motherf****r!" 
After listening to this song twice, I can say some good, but mostly bad things about this song....


My Pros:
-The intro, chorus. New groovy, indie sound which has a festival flare to it...it's different than what the band has put out in the past, but I think it works. It sets a good mood for summer!         
-Maroon 5 is still putting out music in less than 5-year intervals.
-Adam Levine is a handsome, stud, his falsetto never fails, and the guy's got style!

My Cons:
-Every single lyric. This song hurts like a Motherf****r! The lyrics to this song are beyond meaningless. I expected more from Maroon 5. They don't make music often, so why would they make such an immature, pointless song? Is this a joke on us? I thought they would put effort into making all-around, quality music.
-Also, I might be a little biased, but did anyone else find the lyrics to be slightly misogynistic? The lyrics sounds like an egotistical and bitter ex-boyfriend who has to make a girl sound like a slutty, airhead just to get over her?
-Also about that 17-year-old verse... By no means am I taking this in the wrong way... But, this is the message that is being sent to high school students and young people about how a woman is perceived to be. Why is a 30-something, married adult male comparing a girl who's dancing with another guy to a 17-year-old girl? Is that what Maroon 5 thinks about females for the most part, because the comparisons seem a little all-encompassing? Every genre of music talks about relationships, including all of that bad and good that goes along with them, but I don't like to see younger women being written off like that. It sends a bad message to young people and it also reinforces misogyny in others.

What do you all think? I'm not totally hating on the song, because I like the melody and Maroon 5's work overall. I'm sure it will be the anthem heard around the world of Summer 2015. 

You're worth it,
She-IY World
"She does it herself..."


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! You're worth it! :D

Contact Form